My Highlight & Contour Routine
If you follow me on Instagram, you already know how OVER editing this YouTube video I was…. I’m definitely rusty when it comes to recording these videos and learned a few vital lessons this go around:
- Don’t film a video when you’re in a rush to be somewhere
- Don’t film a video when you’re coffee hasn’t kicked-in yet
- Don’t forget to record crucial elements like a strong intro and outro
And there are plenty of other lessons within that, but that’s not the point. The point is, the routine is the routine, and if you focus on the makeup tips, techniques, and products, there is still much to take away… AND when I FINALLY get this filming/editing business down like a G, you’ll be able to say, “I was subscribed to her channel back when she sucked at this, and look how far she’s come!” LMAOOOO…. ANYWHOOOOOOO
Check out my go-to foundation/highlight/contour/complexion makeup routine and see below for links to shop allllll the goods!!! Don’t forget to read the bottom for a special 20% off discount on a LOT of these products too!
- MustaeV USA Lustrous Cream Base
- MustaeV USA Skinny Tint Foundation (Color: Sienna Beige)
- Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer (Color: 06)
- MustaeV USA Melting Cream Foundation (Color: Dark Brown)
- MustaeV USA Silky Cotton Loose Powder (Color: Baby Pink)
- MustaeV USA Architect Powder (Color: Silhouette)
- Danessa Myricks Enlight Powder (Color: Love)
- Danessa Myricks Enlight Powder (Color: Radiance)
- Mario Badescu Rose Water
- Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
- MustaeV USA Kowonhye Blush Brush
- MustaeV USA Secret #E23 Brush
Let me know what you think of this tutorial or if you have any questions about the steps or techniques, drop them in the comments below!
P.S. – a little bonus for all of you for supportin your girl from the beginning… you can get 20% off ALL MustaeV products with code “BEAUTYBOSS” so THANK YOU for the support and happy shopping!!
Photo by Maribel Morales
I’m right there with you. I have 3 videos and a podcast to edit and I’m SOO over doing all the editing. I’m just… not about that life haha. But you did a great job and your video was engaging and entertaining. New sub!
Lol Amanda – so not about it!! But it’s comments like this that make it worth it ? thank you for the support love ?
such a great post and tips!
So glad you enjoyed this one! More to come soon <3
thanks for the tips on this!!! and the discount code!!!